Jan 10, 2011

Isn't Honeysuckle Yellow?

This was the first question I asked myself last month after I read the headline on Pantone's website that the color for 2011 was "Honeysuckle." Imagine my surprise when I scrolled down to see that it was not, in fact, yellow, but pink. You may have seen this post last week about my affinity for yellow. so you can imagine how super excited I was when I saw that honeysuckle was the color for 2011.  For meer seconds, I thought that my most adored color was going to get it's time in the spotlight, and for a whole year! After the few minutes of let down I experienced passed, I continued on to see what this said honeysuckle color was truly like.  And I must say, she is a beauty. 

This color is one that will look good on any skin color, and even the most fashionable gentlemen! It's not too bright, or too mauve. To me, it's the perfect pink.  Bold, feminine, confident, and statement worthy.  You won't just see this color on the runway. It's going to be everywhere, from makeup, to fabrics, to clothes, to shoes, etc. You get the point.  And the more I stare at this vibrant color, the more uplifting and excited I get.  I have already told you how wonderful I think 2011 is going to be, and this color just reconfirms that statement. This is a new year with endless possibilities, and honeysuckle is a color that radiates such positive energy. So when you are out looking for new clothes, decor, fabrics, or makeup, make sure to check out this lovely hue.  It looks like it's going to be the perfect color for the start of a promising new decade.  And if nothing else, it brought a little color into your not so bright monday morning.  Enjoy!






From Pantone's website:

Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor. A dynamic reddish pink, Honeysuckle is encouraging and uplifting. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life.
“In times of stress, we need something to lift our spirits. Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going – perfect to ward off the blues,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Honeysuckle derives its positive qualities from a powerful bond to its mother color red, the most physical, viscerally alive hue in the spectrum.”



Look at these options. Lovely, aren't they?

 



 Valerie Satin Dress

 

Essie Nail Polish Movers & Shakers 644

Ltd Pink Bracelet Watch



Shiseido - The Makeup Lip Gloss G14 Pretty Pink
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. ooh - those revas are to die for! i love! imagine with white jeans come spring...

    xx
    grace
    stripesandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig