Jan 24, 2011

Over the knee . . . Over the top?

I'm sure I speak for many women when I say what when I think of over the knee socks, the two images that come to my mind are:


image from buzzsugar.com
The Movie Clueless



image from NY daily news
Britney Spears "Baby. . .one more time" video

I was a little nervous about trying this trend out at first, being that I am getting close to 30 and didn't want to come off as trying to look way younger than my age.  But after seeing lots of runways covered with over the knee socks, I decided I would give it a try.  I experimented with this trend a couple weeks ago, and I must say that it is growing on me.  I think the trick to not looking too school girlish or choppy is to wear them higher up on your leg and to pair them with the same color shoe, or at least a very similar color. If this trend is still a little out there for you, another option is to wear tights and then put on over the knee socks over them. If you aren't sure about wearing them with booties or heels, try wearing them with tall boots. Both of these options still give you the look, but it's a little more subtle. Below are some examples of how this trend can be worn. I'm excited to try it out again. 

A model walks the runway at the Proenza Schouler Fall 2010 Fashion Show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Milk Studios on February 17, 2010 in New York City.
image from zimbio


image from 2threads
 
 
image from refinery


image from life
 

image from bell vogue


image from Pop Sugar
I'm sure we all remember this outfit. Sarah Jessica Parker is such a style icon. She can pull anything off, but for me, it's a few more steps outside of my comfort zone than I am willing to go right now.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love this!! Just not on me : ( I have short legs. Its not very flattering. Love the image from 2threads.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig