Feb 13, 2011

NYFW Day 3 Recap

Saturday at NYFW was packed with familiar names, and some new ones too.  I enjoyed watching several of these from the comfort of my couch.  Although I am ready for spring, I have been really inspired by the Fall 2011 collections, and can't wait to try out some of the new trends.  Here are some favorites from yesterdays shows. 




Mixing prints and patterns was a theme on the runway of Edun's show.  It was very country meets city, and I like the unexpectedness of the combinations. 




Vampire Chic is the vibe I got from the Prabal Gurung runway looks.  Rich reds and pinks mixed with black and greys.  Leather, lace, feathers, sequins,and satin were also trends he used for his fall collection.  And I love it all!





Socks with loafers, "fanny" packs, and color were stand out trends on Jil Stuart's runway.  She also used sequins and satin, which I am loving for fall. It's nice to mix things up and bit, and wear things normally seen in one season, and worn in another. 









You can always count on Libertine to bring out some drama, color, and eclecticness (if that's a word) in the fashion shows.  I love how bold and out there the designs are. I love how mixed up it all is, but somehow it all works together. I am not sure I could pull most of this line off, but it's totally possible for someone else to.  If you are an out of the box, care free chick, this line is for you!


 


The looks at Adam were very much menswear inspired.  There was also the socks with heels trend that we have seen at a few other shows.  I will say that this is a trend that I have tried and love! It's a great way to get more wear out of your favorite "seasonal" shoes. 





Vivienne Tom chose rich textured print fabrics for her Fall collection. There was an underlying Asian theme going on, and it was gorgeous. Lace, sequins, and fringe were among some of the details she used on some of the dresses.  And let me say, it was just exquisite.







United Bamboo is a line I have not heard much about, but was really pleased with what I saw from their Fall collection.  Lots of cozy sweaters, tights and structured jackets.  It reminded me of skiing in the country.  This is a label that is definitely on my radar now, and I can't wait to see this line in person.



Military greens and cozy sweaters were see throughout Charlotte Ronson's runway show. She had these amazing trousers that I cannot wait to get my hands on. Torn/ripped tights were also a trend paired with many looks.  I could see this collection on many types of women.  Very relateable. 



Altuzarra's show was filled with lots of browns and greys paired together. Rich Burgundy, drapey satin, argyle, and asymmetrical blush tones also graced the runway.  I loved the fur coats and heels. Yes, there were heels with fur on them! Very Chic, and very wearable. 




Alexander Wang's Fall show was filled with lots of black, leather, metallic, and fur. Honestly, It was pretty Bad Ass. I loved how edgy his looks were, but at the same time they came across as feminine and sexy.  His use of asymmetrical lines adds yet another demention to his design. I loved the punch of yellow on a couple of his jackets, and the fur on his shoes.  Pale pinks/blush tones as well as sweaters were also apparent in this collection.  And I LOVE that the bomber jacket is coming back!



Philosophy by Alberta Ferretti was all about short, mod 70's style dresses.  There were some fun patterned pants and shorts too.  This collection is young and feminine, and I love the use of pastels.  You don't see a lot of that in most fall collections. 



I love how Erin Featherston is using white/off white in her Fall collection.  It just goes to show that you really can wear white all year round.  Her looks are so feminine and romantic. She is a lot like the style of clothes I see for my own style.  Loved every piece!


all images are from fashionologie.com and style.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig