Feb 16, 2011

NYFW Day 6 Recap

Just when I think it couldn't get better, Tuesdays shows prove me wrong.  Another day of great, welll known designers strutting their Fall collections down the runway.  



  
Grey's, neutrals, and soft blush tones made up the color palette of Vera Wang's Fall runway collection. Many of us are used to seeing her name on wedding gowns, but she also designs a gorgeous line of dressy and casual garments.  She is also teaming up with David's Bridal, and is doing a Vera Wang label for them. 


J. Mendel's runway collection was all about fur, crushed velvet, and intricate detail.  From the jackets, to the dresses, the designs of this collection are beyond gorgeous. 


Everyone has seen countless stars wearing the famous Herve Leger band dress.  So I was really excited to see what the fall collection was going to be like.  And there were more designs than the ever famous band dress.  From the metal details, to the a-line dresses, this collection by Max Azria lived up to the designers emipre. 


Marc by Marc Jacobs is the less expensive sibling to the name sake Marc Jacobs line.  It is more contemporary and casual.  It's filled with color, pattern, and rich texture. From the floppy hat to the oversized sunnies, this collection had a cool seventies feel.  I have my eye on a few of these pieces, and can't wait till fall to check them out.


  

 I love the flouncy skirts, and drapey fabrics of Rodarte's fall collection. Most of the collection was soft neutral colors, but there were a few punches of color in the mix.  I am loving this red skirt!


Badgley Mischka's runway invoked a thirties and fourties glam style about it.  The fluidity, glitz and deco details brought life to the rich fabrics they used. Lot's of the looks were belted and I love how that little detail just makes a look. It's nice to see quite elegance amoung more structured, modern runways. 




Fun and contemporary party dresses was the theme for Tibi's fall runway collection.  I love the mixing of textures and fabrics on the gold dress, and I love the ruffle-esque detail on the white dress.  This label is your go to for a unique and of the moment look. 


I love the sheer mixed with sequins on this Halston Dress, and how retro the look feels.  And how seventies is this jumpsuit with the fur cape?



Narciso Rodriquez stuck to a one silhouette dress for most of his collection, but also had these luxe wool coats.  I have a feeling I am going to need to invest in a great coat for next winter.  I love the pointy flat boots all the models were wearing.  This is a bit of a change for most of the fashion crowd, but I think it will be warmly welcomed. 

images are from fashionologie.com
 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig