Feb 28, 2011

Oscar Fashion

As most everyone knows the Oscars were last night.  And although my predictions for all categories were mostly wrong, I did enjoy the fashion.  Was I as blown away by the dresses and I was the Golden Globes? NO.  I don't know why, but I just didn't feel like these dresses or looks were as glam and jaw dropping as previous awards shows and previous Oscar red carpets.  But, I did have quite a few favorites. 



Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein.
This is the second Calvin Klein dress that I have seen on the red carpet this season. Emma Stone wore a hot pink number that was similar in style to this dress. Jennifer was the first person down the carpet, and I feel that she set the bar pretty high.  She is probably my favorite of the night.  This dress fit her like a glove.  And her hair and makeup were the perfect compliment to this dress. 


 
Cate Blanchett in Givenchy.
Cate usually doesn't get much love from me when it comes to red carpets.  I am always just a little dissappointed with what she chooses for red carpets. But last night, she prooved me wrong. She looked absolutely gorgeous in this Givenchy gown.  I love the color, the beading, and detail of this dress.  It just looks so elegant and feminine. 


Natalie Portman in Rodarte.
This dress is a million times better than the Viktor and Rolf dress she wore to the Golden Globes. I love the color and the neckline of this dress. 


Reese Witherspoon in Armani Privé.
Although many people thought she looked a lot like her Legally Blonde character Elle Woods, I thought Reese looked gorgeous and classic in this gown.  She never disappoints on the red carpet.


Mila Kunis in Elie Saab.
I love this dress, but I will say that the lace around the chest is a little off putting.  I wish they would have used fabric or had the lace come up higher. It just looks out of place.  But I thought Mila looked amazing.


Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa.
She said last night that she helped design her Marchesa gown, and she did an amazing job if you ask me.  I love how fresh and young this dress is, but it's still grown up and elegant.  For being just fourteen, she comes across as wise beyond her years. 


Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott.
I LOVE this dress, but I do not like the necklace with it. I think she should have worn earrings instead.  The necklace just looks out of place and a little too much. 


Celine Dion in Armani Prive'.
For having twins 3 months ago, she looked absolutely amazing last night.


Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier.
When I first saw her on the red carpet, I didn't rezognize her. Not sure why, but it took me a minute to figure out who that was.  She looks absolutely gorgeous.


Hilary Swank in Gucci.
This dress fit her so well. I am not sure how I feel about all the feathers, but she looked amazing.



Not so Favorite Looks 


Nicole Kidman in Christian Dior.
She is constantly disappointing me on the red carpet.  I have not liked one single dress she has worn in the past year. This dress looks like it should be on the bed as a comforter or as drapery. Not a good look at all.


Scarlett Johansson in Dolce and Gabbana.
I did not like this dress or her hair.  They didn't go together at all. And I wasn't thrilled with the lace and semi-see through design either. 


Melissa Leo in Marc Bouwer.
Again, she fails to impress me with her red carpet dress choice. I like the design of the dress, I just don't like the fabric.


Sharon Stone in Christian Dior.
Was she channeling Black Swan? She looks like she hasn't aged in decades, but this dress and makeup was way too much for me. Very dark and dreary for a red carpet.


Marisa Tomei in Charles James for Lily et Cie.
Haneous is all I can say. And I love her, but this dress was all kinds of bad.  And the hair was too casual for the occasion and dress. 

all images are from yahoo and google.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig