May 20, 2011

My Favorite Manicure. . . EVER

Happy Happy Friday Lovelies!! I am so happy it's almost the weekend. I have big plans this weekend. .. I'm gong to clean my house from top to bottom! I know, it's the little things that I get excited about. But what I am really looking forward to is going to dinner tomorrow night with my very best friends to celebrate my 30th Birthday. I don't know what I would do without these girls. They are the epitome of what friends should be, and I couldn't ask for better friends. Love you girls!!!

You all know my slight obsession with nail polish/manicures. Well, over the past year I have been getting Shellac, or gel manicures. It isn't the acrylic or gel that is used with artificial nails. Its literally a gel like polish that you paint on just like regular nail polish. The difference is you put your hands under a "curing light" to harden the gel and you are left with a perfect manicure that needs no drying and it lasts up to 2 weeks. You all know how long most regular polish lasts, especially for me. I am lucky if I get three days out of a regular manicure. So I was thrilled when I found out that my local salon was starting to do the gel manicure. And it has been perfection! I can be as tough as I want to be and not have to worry about chipping or ruining my manicure, and most times it has lasted 10 days!!! I could go longer, but since my nails grow pretty fast, the regrowth is significant and it bothers me.

There are several different brands out that offer the gel manicure, OPI, CND, and Gelish to name a few. I have tried all three of these brands and can honestly say that I love the Gelish and CND the most. They are spot on with the color actually matching the bottle. With the OPI colors, I have found that they are usually lighter than the regular polish.

I would highly recommend trying this out if you are hard on your nails, have brittle nails, or just want a manicure to lasts longer than three days. You will be super pleased with the results.








Have a great weekend! See you all next week! XOXO

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm totally on board with this myself. Can't wait for my next appt! I really want to go bright yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig