Jul 4, 2011

Red, White, and Blue . . .

Happy 4th of July, Lovelies!!! I don't know why, but I get such nostalgia around this holiday. I guess it's the pride I feel about being an American, and what a great country we all have been lucky enough to live in. I love getting together with family and friends and celebrating with cook outs and fireworks. This year I got to celebrate with my parents, my sister, brother-in-law, and my precious new nephew. Being able to spend time with them is something I treasure more and more as I get older.

When I see the colors Red, White, and Blue together I always associate that with the 4th, being patriotic, and pride. Although I was told this past weekend, that if you live or went to Kansas, you associate those colors with the KU Jayhawks (thanks Ryan, I will definitely add that to my associations.) Below are some outfits that I have come across that incorporate the three colors, but aren't over the top and tacky. There is a fine line between looking classy in red, white, and blue, and looking like a walking flag.










images via pinterest

I hope you all have a safe and happy 4th. Happy Monday! XOXO

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig