Dec 23, 2011

Travel In Style

So this evening I am heading off to Kentucky to spend Christmas with my Mom's side of the family. We haven't spent Christmas with them since I was a sophomore in High School (only a few years ago :)) I am really looking forward to spending the weekend with everyone. They only thing that would make it better would be if my sister, brother-in-law and nephew were joining us as well.  Living in NYC, I have had to come to terms with having to fly to see basically anyone. I am not in close proximity to most family or friends. So I have had to step up my travel attire. It never fails that I am ALWAYS freezing on an airplane, ALWAYS! Especially this time of year, when the temperature is usually frigid! If you are going to travel, you might as well travel comfortably, right? So here's a great outfit option to wear while hopping through airports this holiday.

DKNY Cozy
This is amazing!! You can wear it 25 different ways, plus its great for travel. You can even wear this as a scarf! This is what keeps me nice and warm at 30,000 feet. 


J Brand Skinny Jeans
I usually either travel in comfy jeans or leggings. And I always do a skinny leg style. 


Since I am using my Cozy as a scarf and blanket, I chose to wear a chunky sweater. 




Wool and I just don't get along. For some reason, the minute I put on any sweater I start itching like crazy. So wearing cami's under all my sweaters is a must. It's also another layer to keep me warm. 


Flat boots are essential in the winter and even better for travel. You are walking a lot, so you want to make a sure you are comfortable. And god forbid you have to run to make your connecting flight, flat shoes will be your lifesaver! 


I usually carry my biggest bag with me when traveling. It doubles as a carry on and as my purse. Currently this lovely is the bag de jour. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig