Sep 10, 2013

Warby Parker Fall 2013 Collection - {Sharpen Your Wits}

Since the third grade I have been "lucky" enough to have to wear glasses.  I'll never forget my first pair,  they were large pink round wire rims.  I was not all that excited to have to wear them, but obviously they were a necessity.  Over the years, I have tried to make my glasses as fashionable as possible, even when I probably went against the grain.  Yes, I was guilty of wearing the famous "Sally Jesse Raphael" style red frames as a nerdy 4th grader. And even though they took up my whole face, I still rocked those babies like they were the greatest pair of glasses around.

Glasses have always been something I have chosen wisely and for the most part fashionably.  I feel it makes me want to wear them more, if they make a statement or add to my look.  I found out about Warby Parker a year or so ago and was really interested in what they were about.  If you aren't familiar with the brand, you can check out their story here. They are doing some really great things.

When I decided it was time to upgrade my specks, I went with this style from Warby Parker.  The selection and order process was super easy!  If you don't have a store near you to try on options, they will send you the styles you are thinking about so you can try them on! I mean is that first class service or what?! I have never had such a great shopping experience in my life! So you can imagine how excited I was to hear from them and get the opportunity to showcase their newest collection.  They not only have optical, they offer sunglasses as well.  And you are going to have the hardest time deciding which of theses new styles to choose from.  Maybe one for each day of the week? I'm contemplating a new pair of glasses and sunnies, but the decision is going to be really difficult.

The inspiration for their fall collection was taken from the early sixties.  It "recalls the shaky years when social change was nearing take-off, just before the Surgeon General denounced smoking and hemlines creeped north." The collection debuts 5 new frames with their names taken from some of Warby Parkers favorite literary references of this era, like Ripley and Ames.  There are 15 different options of glasses and sunglasses to choose from.  Below are a few of my favorites.  Be sure to check out their site today for all the new options as the collection launched this morning.  



Duckworth

I adore the retro feel of the frames. I feel smarter just looking at them!


Wilkie

This is a classic style frame.  I love the grey color, it's a great change from black.  Very chic!



Ames

I LOVE the graphite acetate on these sunglasses.  If you want a statement frame, this is your guy.  It's not over the top and has just the right amount of detail.  

Ellison

This is a great classic option and a super stylish one at that! And a great design detail that I love, you don't have the plastic nose pieces to get caught in your hair when you throw them on top of your head! (hey! what can i say, i hate getting those things stuck in my hair!)




 The acetate options are $95 (top two), and the Acetate and Stainless steel combinations (bottom two) are $145.  What a deal right? Where else can you get stylish, well made frames for this price?  Not to mention, for every frame purchased, Warby Parker give a pair to someone in need.  If that isn't the icing on the cake, I don't know what does!  Happy Shopping!  Let me know your favorites, or if you purchase any new frames!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig