Nov 20, 2013

Fancy Plaid

Having gone to Catholic school up until Jr. High, wearing plaid was a requirement.  Black-watch plaid to be exact. We had to wear uniforms to school everyday and only on holidays or for holiday parties we were allowed to exercise our fashion sense and wear what we wanted.  I didn't hate having my clothes basically picked out for me everyday, but there were days when i wanted to do my own thing and wear something else.

Plaid has always been a constant in my wardrobe.  I have owned many a plaid skirts, shirts, shorts, jackets, and bags.  You can dress it up or down and its all the statement you usually need so you can keep everything else simple and basic if you so choose.  I have noticed that more and more plaid pieces are making their way into my wardrobe each fall/winter.  For the holidays I love pairing plaid with sequins, other patterns, feathers and fur.  This is the time of year where you can really pull out all the stops and go all out.  Here are some great options for holiday events and parties.  


(I would tuck both plaid shirts into the skirts for a more polished look)

Fancy Plaid


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig