Jul 8, 2014

Hello!, Hola!, Bonjour!, Hallo!

I'm still here!! I know, I know, it has been way too long since my last post, but I have a legitimate excuse this time!  I started a new job about going on three weeks ago, and I have been traveling for training, getting adjusted and trying to get acclimated to a new career.  I was at my old job for a little over two years and realized I wanted to find a place where I could build my career and have longevity as well.  This is a total career change for me, and although a little overwhelming at times, and tough for this A type perfectionist to realize I cannot know everything right at this moment, it has been the most gratifying and positive experience I have had, career wise.  To be a part of something and feel like you are a team player and matter is something I have really wanted and hoped for for some time.  I won't bore you with all the details, but just wanted to catch you up with what's been going on over here the past few weeks.

Besides jumping into a new job, I have gone on a bicycle wine tour on Long Island, explored the outer boroughs and this place they call New Jersey (which actually isn't all that bad), and I hate to admit it, but have become a soccer fan (well, more of a World Cup fan, it's way more exciting to me!) and have been watching many of the games over brunch, dinner or drinks with friends.  So far my summer has really gotten off to a great start.  Besides stupid Hurricane Arthur messing up my 4th of July plans (was supposed to fly to Kentucky to see my family), I really can't complain about life at this point.

I'm in the process of starting to look for a new apartment, and as much as I am in dire need of more space and really want to get a 'big girl' apartment, the process is exhausting and daunting! But I am determined to find a place that is bigger and not going to cost me my whole months paycheck.  Oh, the woes of living in NYC.

Below are a few pics of what I have been up to as of late.  If you don't already, I would love for you to follow me on Instagram.  I am much better about keeping that current these days, but promise to bring back more posts here ASAP.

Have a great Tuesday! xoxo


Wandering around DC on my recent work trip

Bicycle Wine Tour out on Long Island

View of lower manhattan from one of my visits to Jersey City

FaceTime with my Mom and family in Kentucky over the weekend. Isn't she just too cute!

Watching the Macy's Fireworks with friends in Soho

Feeling very patriotic this weekend and wore lots of Red, White, and Blue.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig