Jul 30, 2014

Reboot

I am still alive and well - just having computer issues.

I have had a Carrie Bradshaw moment this week, and not one of her great ones.  Sunday I got a message to install the new maverick software for Mac.  SOOOO, like any other rule follower out there, I clicked install and went on about my business.  After the hour long process I put in my password and hit enter. . . instead of booting up my computer it just rebooted and gave me the same login screen over and over again.  I made an appointment at the genius bar in Grand Central yesterday to see if they could figure out what was wrong.  Good news is its not a hardware issue, but there is something wrong with the software.  I haven't backed up my computer since I bought it (May 2011), so in order to save all of my information I had to put it on a hard drive (which I own but just keep in my desk and don't really use) I was also told that there is no guarantee that all my data will be there once we get it up and running and re-install the software. I had to make another appointment since I didn't bring my hard drive with me (again, why? all my info is on my computer) and will have to go back this week.  Prayers that all is well and I haven't lost all my data.  

While I was waiting for my appointment, I couldn't help but think of the episode of Sex and the City where Carrie goes to get her laptop fixed.  I know I should back up my data more frequently,, but I just never thought to do it since everything has been fine and dandy thus far.  HUGE MISTAKE! If you take anything away from this post and my tragic story, please let it be to back up your data! :) 

I have some fun posts coming up, sadly all my pictures and information is on my laptop, so let's hope it's all still there! Be back soon! xo





image via google
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig