Aug 6, 2014

About Face



I will be the first to admit it - I have never been one to 'invest' or spend much money or thought on my beauty regimen.  I was always a neutrogena girl and the less steps the better (mostly out of laziness)  I started noticing a change in my face after I moved to New York.  Not sure if it was the city, or just a coincidence that I moved here at the beginning of my thirties when they say 'things' start to change for women.  The most prevalent change I noticed were these 'dark spots' on my cheeks.  At first I though it was just a suntan mark from my overly large sunglasses, but after going to the dermatologist, I quickly found out it was melasma - or hypermigmentation caused from the sun, genetics, and hormonal changes (i.e, birth control).  I was told that unless I got off my birth control and stayed out of the sun (or wore bright white zinc on my face every day - heck no!), it would never really go away.  I could go for microdermabrasion therapy ($250/session) and would need to go about once a month for things to really work.  

Seeing as how I don't have $500 a month to throw on facial treatments, not to mention the creams and cleansers he recommended, I left the office thinking oh well, I will just have to deal with my spotted face. 

About that time, my sister had just signed up to be a Rodan + Fields consultant and told me I really needed to try some of their products.  If you aren't familiar with Rodan & Fields, they are the two dermatologists behind Proactiv and Proactiv+.  While Proactiv is more for acne, their Rodan + Fields line is for aging skin. 

Seeing as I am a simple beauty girl, I sort of just listened and went on about my business, while still complaining and whining about my problem and how was I going to fix it?  The next week I received a package from her with a trial set of their Reverse products to try, and I've been hooked ever since! Not only have I ordered the products, I have also gotten the MACRO Exfoliator (it's an at home microderabrasion treatment) and the Micro-exfoliating roller (helps get rid of wrinkles).  

I have been using these products for over a year now and I have noticed a HUGE difference in my face.  Even though this line is more expensive than my old drugstore products (but comparable, albeit more affordable, to other high end skincare lines), to me it's been worth it to be able to walk out of my apartment and not have to wear much, if any, makeup and still feel confident that no one is starring and these huge dark spots.  I still have a hint of the melasma, but no one seems to notice or see it but me.  It has definitely made me less embarrassed about my face and how I look.  

If you are experiencing similar problems or feel like you want to just start as a prevention, I strongly suggest trying out Rodan + Fields.  Coming from a non-believer, this stuff is magic!!!

Their main regimens fall into 4 categories: 


1. REDEFINE – wrinkles, fine lines, enlarged pores
2. REVERSE – sun damage, brown spots, dullness
3. SOOTHE – sensitivity, redness, irritation (also, great for babies/kids who have eczema)
4. UNBLEMISH – mature acne (5 or more breakouts a month), post acne marks, clogged pores

I use the Reverse and the Redefine products on a daily basis (I use one regimen in the morning and the other at night)

If you want more information or are ready to sign up as a preferred customer, here is the link or you can contact Rachel here.  Once you do sign up, you will receive a free mini facial and will be entered into a drawing to win a free lip scrub! 

To become a Preferred Customer, there is one time fee of $19.95, and immediately you will receive 10% off all products and free shipping every month.  That 10% and free shipping savings really adds up! 

I am not one to promote or blab on and about products too often.  It's only when I find something I just can't live without or stop talking about.  So you know these work if I am dedicating a whole post to them!

If I were on a deserted island, you can bet my Rodan + Fields products would be one of the things I would most definitely pack! 

**To sign up use this link and get ready to watch your skin change for the better! xo



images via google
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig