Nov 24, 2015

Baby it's Cold Outside

Good-Ness! It has been one chilly start to our Thanksgiving week here in DC.  I know this is a sign of what is to come, but whew!  Good thing I kept all my winter gear from when I lived in NYC - all of it will come in quite handy.  I thought DC winters were supposed to be less harsh?   

Over the years I have created quite a coat collection.  Living in Arkansas you really didn’t need more than maybe two coats.  One lightweight for rain and 'cool' days and another heavier option in the event it does get below 40 degrees.  A few weeks before I moved to New York I bought a down jacket, snow boots, a few pairs of gloves and earmuffs.  I was ready for winter!  And as luck would have it, that year our winter was one of the mildest on record – go figure.  But not to worry, it made up for it the last three winters and I wore all of them to death!  Believe it or not, you can still look put together wearing lots of layers and a big puffy coat!  

Below are a few of my favorite coats.  I have included several price points in the event you don't want to blow your budget on one.  But from experience, I have found that spending a little more on a coat, especially if you are going to be wearing it everyday for several months straight is a great idea.  Stay warm, Lovelies! 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig