Jan 30, 2017

{mule-ing around}

Welcome back!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Chip and I went to a wine tasting Friday, took it easy Saturday and ran a few errands yesterday.  The weather was sunny but a little chilly for my liking, but I will take it over snow and clouds any day!  I have some fun posts on the horizon this week so I hope you'll stick around!  

Today's post is all about the new or should I say new again trend; the mule and slide.  For someone who used to wear shoes that were 3.5 inches and higher, I have certainly changed my style preference over the years.  And I think it started when I moved to NYC.  Before that, I was driving everywhere and could wear un-walkable shoes as often as I wanted.  When I moved to New York, things were very different.  If you wanted to get anywhere efficiently, you either took the subway or you walked.  And neither are heel friendly.  You got in the habit of storing your heels in your desk drawer to change in to when you arrived at the office.  

Needless to say, my preference started to shift in my shoe preference.  I was leaning more towards wedges, flats or heels that were 2 inches or lower.  Maybe it's me getting older and preferring comfort and practicality over fashion (dare I say that as a fashion degree holder and lover of all things fashion related) But my life has changed a bit and I don't have the need for heels as much as I did before. Now, that doesn't mean I don't pull out a high heel or two every now and then, but for my everyday or go to shoe, I'm choosing ones that are easy living. 

I am loving the mule and slide trend going on right now.  I wore mules when I was in Junior High and High school, so I am glad to see the trend return as they were one of my favorite styles.  But the slide is slowly becoming a closet favorite.  I ordered these and LOVE them.  I just love being able to slide into a pair of shoes and go.  My days are spent trying to balance several spinning plates at once, so I can just slip these on and go do what needs to be done and not have to worry about lacing, tying or buckling.  Life Hack 100%

Below are some of my favorite mule and slide options that I think would be great additions to your wardrobe.  Not only are they practical and functional, they are stylish too! The prefect trifecta!  xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig