Mar 29, 2012

Sequence Trunk Show at Poppy Boutique

 
 
Getting to visit with friends, enjoy a little sangria, and check out the new Sequence collection was just the thing I needed last Thursday evening. Thanks to I Heart Heels, I was able to indulge in some of the fun! Poppy, a local Manhattan boutique, which you just HAVE to check out if you're ever in the area, hosted the event. The designer of Sequence, Ariela Suster, was on hand to explain the story behind her line and all her gorgeous handmade pieces. 

I'll admit, shoes (obvi) and bags are my first go-to when shopping, but this night, I was all about the jewelry! Ariela had previously worked in the fashion industry as a fashion editor for several magazines (including IHH favorite, InStyle!), and just recently decided to step into another role, designer. She wanted to bring some of her El Salvadorian roots to the fashion world, while also helping to support her native country. 

Each piece is handmade by men and women in El Salvador. The fabrics are intricately spun from giant looms one hand-threaded strand at a time. The fabrics are hand-dyed, and then woven by hand on looms. Amazing, right? Ariela wanted to keep this old tradition alive and so this line of jewelry and handbags was created. No piece in her collection is the same.

I spent a good 20 minutes pining over all the necklaces and bracelets, and finally decided on "The Knot Bracelet," shown just below. Proceeds from this bracelet will go to the "Spread the Light & Love Project," which benefits youth in at-risk communities in El Salvador. What a great cause and reason to splurge on jewelry, right? I was skipping in my heels all the way to the register. It's neon, funky and will be the perfect accessory to all my summer outfits. If you aren't familiar with this line, I would definitely check out her website, www.sequencecollection.com

This chicster is definitely on to something. What girl doesn't want something unique, handmade and sets her apart from everyone else? 
 
 
You can tell by this sign, just how cute this store is!

The Fab Bracelet I picked up
 
The necklaces were to die for!

She also has some gorgeous handbags!
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig