Aug 6, 2015

Cha Cha Cha Changes

This is a quote that makes me think about when I decided to move away.


Sometimes the very thing we want and wish for is the very thing we end up getting.  

It's funny how life works out, isn't it?  In a matter of a few months, my life has literally turned upside down - in a good way though.  Work picked up and I have been totally immersed in learning more and more about the industry I work in and my role within the company.  I finally feel like I have my feet firmly planted on the 'work' ground so to speak.  But the most significant and exciting change that has happened this year has been a personal one.  And it's the very reason for this post.  If you follow me on instagram, you may have noticed a certain gentleman making appearances here and there.  Long story short - We are both from the same hometown, grew up 'knowing of' one another, but never really interacted or ran in the same circle, so to speak.  As luck would have it, he was up here in New York for a work meeting and reached out to grab a drink.  And, as you can see from pictures and this post - things are going really well.  

I have always been a believer in fate and if it's meant to be, it will be.  That things are out of my control and God is the one in the drivers seat.  Which as someone who is a planner and likes control, is sometimes a bit hard to come to grips with.  2015 has been a whirlwind, the best year of my life, a huge surprise and one I will truly cherish.  Things are just falling into place and it seems that another chapter in my life is coming to an end and another exciting one is about to begin. 

Next week is my last week here in New York City.  I am currently in the process of packing up my little 600 square foot abode and preparing for the move to Washington DC. I could not be happier to finally get this show on the road!  Chip and I have talked about my move for months and are so happy that it's finally here!  My boss is based in DC so I will be able to transfer offices and work from there without any issue.  I am so fortunate to be able to transition work so seamlessly.  It just makes things that much easier and exciting!


Since moving to NYC, I have had several people tell me, 'you will know when your time here is up and it's your time to leave.'  I moved here with no plan except that I would succeed here and would be here until something big or significant moved me somewhere else.  As much as I will miss this city and the dear friends I have made over the past 4 years, it really does feel like my time here is up.  I came here, did what I set out to do and more!  I have always said the best decision I have ever made was moving to New York.  I have no regrets and don't feel like I have left anything undone or unfinished.  Thankfully, it's just a train ride away and I can visit as often as I want. 

  
With new chapters come new adventures and I can't wait to share those with you here.  I hope you will follow along on this journey and thanks to everyone who has been so helpful and supportive through this whole thing.  Love y'all to pieces! 

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you next week! xo

image via pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig