Jan 23, 2017

New Year | New Goals

Happy Monday, lovelies!  I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoyed the weekend! We were just busy enough and also able to relax and get some much needed sleep!  It's amazing how much better I feel after a good nights sleep!  This week is going to be a busy one, so I tried to get ahead yesterday with a few to do's so that I don't completely burn out.  I swear some weeks there just aren't enough hours in the day to get all the things I need and want to get done accomplished! I guess I may need to wake up earlier or stay up later! Something has to give! 

I know this post may seem a bit misplaced as we are going into the last weekend of January, but I really wanted to be thoughtful in writing this post, and not just throw it out there to have something on paper/the internet.  Over the holiday break, I spent a lot of time with family and tried to disconnect from work and my to do list and just enjoy the time we had with them.  This is usually the time of year that I start to reevaluate how I have been going about my life.  In the sense of; did I accomplish the things I wanted to do, did I have any regrets, are there things I didn't get to do that I want to try to do next year, etc . . . With how much Chip and I packed into 2016, there was a lot that I feel we were blessed to do and had good things happen in our lives.  Not much room for regret.  I will cherish 2016 for the rest of my life.  

Now that we are in 2017, I want to make it a memorable year too!  I have so many ideas, ambitions and goals that I sort of don't know where to start! I decided years ago that making resolutions just doesn't work for me.  I'm really bad with holding myself accountable to a dozen little rituals.  I find that setting several goals or ambitions each year is much more attainable for me and WAY less stressful.  I don't look at it as being lazy or not motivated (believe me, when I set my mind to something, I will do it), I look at it as being thoughtful and practical about what I can accomplish given my current status.  So although I want to read a new book a month; with a full time job, a part time job and this blog, that is probably not going to happen.  So having a goal of trying to read more is better positioned to allow me to read without the pressure to finish a book a month.  It then becomes a chore and you don't enjoy it as much.  

I created a few goals for myself this year and most pertain to myself and this blog.  I find that taking care of yourself first and foremost will make you happier and better able to help others.  And this blog has had to take a backseat to career moves, life changes and new cities.  I'm so excited to have a little more free time now to devote more to this site.  I have a lot on the horizon that I can't wait to share.  Here's to a wonderful 2017! xx


1.  Spend more time outside and try to relax/unplug
2. Be present with my Husband, Family and Friends
3. Eat healthy and workout when possible, but don't stress myself out over it
4. If it doesn't make me happy or serve a purpose, don't do it/get rid of it
5. Write for my pleasure and enjoyment
6. Have more patience
7. Always try my best at everything
8. Laugh more often



image via pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig