Aug 19, 2014

NY See | Playbill

I have been coming to New York since I was in the 3rd grade (so a looooong time), and by far my most favorite and vivid memories are the ones with my family going to the great white way and taking in a new Broadway show.  The first play I ever saw was Cats and from that point on, I feel madly in love with the theatre.  Over the years I have seen more musicals than I can count, and some I have seen more than a handful (I'm looking at you Wicked) of times.  I have kept just about every playbill from the shows I have seen and have started matting them in frames to hang on my walls.  I often get asked which ones were my favorites or which I would recommend you just have to see if you were coming to the city for a short time.  Gosh!, that seems to be a tougher answer than I thought!  Though shows come and go down on Broadway, there are those classics or popular ones that if they do come back or travel to a city near you, you MUST go see!  Below are my top 5 shows of all time (this was tough, y'all), and a few that are still going on that I would recommend going to see if you are here or have the opportunity.  

Top 5 Favorites:









Other recommendations currently on Broadway







photos via google
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig